EC Source Services
|Posted On:||Tuesday, 4th May 2021|
|Closing On||Thursday, 12th May 2022|
|Location:||Houston , TX|
|Education:||4 Year Degree|
We are currently seeking a Mid-Level Estimator to support our growing Transmission and Substation Group. The responsibility for this position is the estimating and assisting with proposal development and project cost. The estimator will prepare complete cost estimates for all aspects of a transmission or substation construction project. Assigned projects range from medium to large size in complexity. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Review contracts, proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
- Request and analyze pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Prepare estimates by performing takeoffs, developing construction approach, and calculating projected costs.
- Assist in developing and supporting the proposal response. Includes writing work plans, schedule development, other technical response.
- Review and analyze historical data from past projects.
- Review estimates with operations prior to client submission.
- Present and participate in bid strategy meetings.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with projects.
- Facilitate estimate turnover to the project team.
- Interface with owner, A/E, partners or other contractors to provide engineering and cost data to assist Operations in the final evaluation of bid / proposal.
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in estimating mid-scale to large projects and advanced knowledge of construction and utility practices.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and general profit/loss terms.
- Experience with electronic bid software, B2W experience desired.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Problem solving, time management and organizational skills required.
- Must have the ability to prepare complex proposals with minimal supervision
- Must be a U.S. Citizen. We do not sponsor work visas at this time.
Education and/ or Work Experience:
- Minimum 3 years estimating substation and transmission projects.
- Minimum 4 year college degree with a BS Degree in Construction Management,
- Engineering or related field is preferred.