EC SOURCE SERVICES
FIELD SAFETY SPECIALIST II
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Field Safety Specialist II is a department leader functioning under the authority and direction of the Director of Safety and Health. This position will provide technical safety expertise and knowledge by consulting with supported lines of business and performing observations and assessments. This role provides recommendations and guidance on safe work practices and behaviors to influence and continually improve the safety culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides expertise ensuring OSHA/MasTec/TSG safety compliance in all activities and identifies opportunities for improvement.
· Leads analysis to effectively identify safety-related risk factors and recommends corrective actions.
· Responsible for all safety functions at assigned jobsites, projects, and areas.
· Provides safety and health guidance to operational leadership and sub-contractors performing work for MasTec TSG. Guides and consults 10-35 field employees daily to ensure safe work practices at the jobsite.
· Uses relevant information and individual judgment to ensure events and processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
· Provides consistent, technical, and practical interpretation of regulations, procedures, and standards.
· Collaborates with the operations team to implement a strategy that supports the execution of work and controls.
· Identifies, proposes, and executes corrective action plans to eliminate identified safety risks and exposures and creates sustainable safety culture, conditions, and practices.
· Partners with other safety professionals to provide insight and coaching in the development of corrective action plans.
· Participates, facilitates, and conducts incident/accident investigations. Suggests and identifies improvement opportunities and assures the implementation of corrective actions.
· Identifies gaps and delivers skills and safety training to all department employees and sub-contractors.
· Develops training programs and classes and teaches or instructs others in accordance with OSHA/DOT/state regulations.
· Assumes the duties of the Project Safety Manager or Director when needed.
· Builds productive relationships with field employees, supervisors and managers, directors, senior leaders, and safety to jointly identify, plan and prioritize the requirements to produce stronger safety leadership and management skills and safe practices.
· Engages with employees and leaders to increase safe behaviors, rule/procedure adherence, hazards and exposures and proactively uncovers barriers to safe work.
· Partners with other safety specialists during the escalation process and leads the briefing with senior leaders.
· Documents performance and adherence to safe work practices and behaviors in the office and field.
· Inspects equipment, structures, and materials to identify root cause of errors, other problems, or defects.
· Performs daily safety observations with face-to-face interaction.
· Other duties and projects as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
· Proficient in OSHA recordkeeping.
· Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion.
· Strong organizational and document management skills.
· Ability to multitask and maintain effectiveness with multiple priorities.
· Professional demeanor; remain calm and emotionally controlled under pressure.
· Detailed oriented and high attention to accuracy.
· Solid mathematical skills.
· Comfortable with working in a non-traditional office environment.
· Demonstrated written and verbal skills.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
· Specific documented evidence of training and experience to satisfy qualifications.
· Ability to attain or have CPR/First Aid or EMT certification, on-the-job experience managing a project safety program, and training experience.
· Ability to communicate and set safety expectations through onboarding and orientation delivery.
Education and/ or Work Experience:
· 3-5 year’s work experience in transmission power line construction preferred.
· BA/BS in health & safety or related field strongly preferred.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
·Certification as an OSHA, MSHA, and Medic First Aid instructor is preferred.
· OSHA 10 HR and 30 or equivalent instructor.
· Current CUSP or other professional safety certifications.
· Current certification or ability to attain Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential.
· Journeyman lineman/certified high voltage electrician.
· Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 and recordkeeping.