EC Source Services
Fleet Equipment Coordinator
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
The Fleet Equipment Coordinator is the first-Line support Fleet Department representative to our Mastec TSG field operations customer. Primary duties include accountability, tracking and financial data entry of Company owned and rental assets to meet the equipment needs of Company construction projects. The Fleet Equipment Coordinator ensures cross utilization of owned assets and rental equipment throughout his/her assigned region.
This position is a member of the Fleet Asset Management Team that controls all Asset Ownership Documents and the Disposition Process of fixed assets while maintaining master document files. The Fleet Coordinator collaborates with peer coordinators and will operate under minimal daily supervision of the Fleet Asset Team leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate equipment rentals and internal asset transfers as requested by field operations via the Mastec Equipment App and ensure correct billing rates are entered in the ERP
- Code third party vendor invoices for equipment, repair parts and durable goods to the correct general ledger accounts
- Generate Purchase Orders for rental purchase options and buy-outs (RPO/RBO), shop equipment, repair parts and other select invoices
- Generate proper documentation for Equipment Acquisitions and Disposals
- Assist Fleet executive management with End-of Month financial close out
- Review, maintain and prepare P&L reporting of the Fleet internal charge-back system to the Fleet executives
- Assist the administration of the Fuel management program
- Identify and recommend asset right-sizing opportunities to fleet managers
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Internal Service Fund practices
- Telematics programs and exception reporting
- Strong organizational skills
- MS Excel & Power BI proficiency required – must be able to create and maintain spreadsheets, including formulas and pivot tables
- Excellent customer service and communication skills to collaborate with accounting, project controls, mechanics.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with third-party equipment and transportation vendors
- Knowledge to identify and reference equipment specifications
Education and/ or Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in accounting, fleet, procurement, or logistics
- Knowledge of Transmission, Distribution and Substation construction equipment highly desired.
- Experience with process improvements and change management initiatives
- 1 year experience within the Viewpoint ERP platform or other Enterprise Resource Planning platforms preferred, but not required
- Data Entry and extraction in web-based platforms