EC Source Services
|Posted On:||Thursday, 22nd July 2021|
|Closing On||Friday, 22nd July 2022|
|Location:||South Carolina and Virginia regions|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of electrical transmission systems. Climbing Poles when line is not energized & grounded. Help the Class A Lineman in the air, must be capable of performing the duties of Groundman.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Performs routine line work.
- Set and remove poles, install and remove cross-arms and pins, place and remove electrical conductors, place and remove transformers, and other work functions related to the construction and maintenance of electrical transmission networks.
- Keeps abreast of all changes affecting any records, reports, and related information affecting this position.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to Mastec or the customer, whichever standard is higher.
Skills & Abilities
- Technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the consumer, complete jobs with quality and timeliness.
- Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of customer’s specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, including bucket trucks and digger derricks.
Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of electrical transmission systems. Climbing Poles Must be able to climb poles and lift in excess of 50 pounds. Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level, working in confined spaces, working off a pole or in a bucket. Must be capable of performing all duties with reasonable ease. Pre-employment drug screen test is mandatory.
Education and/ or Work Experience:
- High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
- Advanced training in electrical principles would be an asset.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, CDL license preferred. Must obtain a CDL Class A driver’s license within 90 days of employment.
- Must have a full complement of lineman’s tools.
- OSHA 10-hour course is desired.