EC SOURCE SERVICES
PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for directing the Business Services & Project Controls support for major transmission and substation construction project. He/She will provide project control management to include cost controls and analysis, estimating responsibilities, schedule development and monitoring, impact identification, earned value management, and oversight of project controls analysts.
• Weighted towards Project Controls functions on large electrical infrastructure projects.
• Develop, interpret, and execute policy objectives and standards applicable to cost and schedule controls coupled with analysis activities.
• Direct all cost engineering functions, including cost forecasting, cost control, change management and cost analysis.
• Lead all planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement.
• Manages the project control resources and personnel required to deliver multiple portfolios of projects; ensures project controls processes are consistently applied across projects.
• Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives.
• Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management.
• Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project requirements.
• Prepare various project controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects.
• Serve as a liaison with business unit functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
• Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met.
• Plan and assist with anticipated staffing requirements for assigned projects.
• Prepare, coordinate, and deliver project controls presentations to internal management and to client, as required.
• Participate in the development and training of assigned personnel and in the implementation of training programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and time pressures
• Ability to build strong relationships with peers and/or other senior executives
• Creative problem-solving abilities
• Ability to take oral or written instructions.
• Ability to be assertive while maintaining a professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and to work enthusiastically across the organization and with diverse personalities.
• Strong communication skills
• Experience working on projects in multiple jurisdictions and geographies to include coordinating and executing project issues with multiple offices and clients.
• Specific experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis.
• Experience with directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis.
• Ability to identify and establish relevant and timely criteria for Project Controls activities.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully direct and motivate a team inclusive of interacting with client personnel.
• Willingness to travel to project site locations as required
• Demonstrated skill with identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction projects in the Utility and industrial construction sectors.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project controls issues.
• Capability and flexibility to handle multiple tasks in restricted timeframes to support project goals.
• Significant experience in project controls, commercial operations, and/or prime contract experience with emphasis on project controls and financial issues.
• Broad knowledge of Project Control Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications (ie: Primavera, Excel).
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to develop and present management reports in oral, written, and graphic format.
• Must be able to manage conflict and provide resolution using a combination of technical skills, leadership, teamwork, and people management skills.
• Comfortable working with all levels and functions in a constructive fashion to achieve responsibilities and goals.
• Working knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles.
• Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Proofing and editing skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
• Ability to make sound decisions and work independently
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees and senior management including board of directors
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to quickly and concisely communicate complex issues to senior leadership team and make written and oral recommendations for improvement.
• Weekly/Monthly expense reports
• Budget preparation and cost control for group
• Responsible and accountable for forecasting and adhering to budgets for travel, training etc. necessary.
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining direct reports expenses within budget.
• Accountable for increasing profitability, reducing expenses, while increasing efficiency
• Responsible for project financial performance
Education and/ or Work Experience:
• BBA degree or Construction Management (or experience equivalent)
• Minimum of 10 years in Project Controls
• Knowledge of Project Control and Project Management Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications
• Experience in Transmission, Substation, and/or Power Distribution.