VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading, operating, and managing key projects with utilities and other service-based client relationships related to infrastructure, and utilities across the assigned region. The prospective candidate must have construction industry experience and a passion for safety. This role requires technical expertise, the ability to oversee multiple projects over their entire lifecycle, and lead operations staff with an emphasis on the customer. The goal is to align the business around one national brand and build a common culture that will support continued business growth.
The Vice President of Operations must successfully develop, manage, and communicate execution plans and resource requirements across a wide variety of utility services. Incumbents must be comfortable in managing large scale projects directly, ensuring daily resource requirements across the division to serve the customer base, setting and communicating strategy, and developing their markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing all organizational functions related to growth and business development initiatives within T&D Power, as well as community involvement to meet the stated mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Be a key source, proponent and drive the overall culture of Safety and promote Safety Leadership.
- Be a key source, proponent and drive the overall culture of Quality and promote Quality Leadership.
- Translate large amounts of technical and statistical information into actionable insights and communicate to non-technical audiences.
- Leverage existing network of MasTec capabilities to develop local resource expertise and recruit new team members for the region.
- Evaluate general and specific business conditions and keep executive team informed on these matters, as well as participate with other Executives in developing strategy and corporate objectives and plans for their achievement.
- Manage regional and business unit leaders across multiple office locations.
- Responsible for $500+/- Million P&L, forecasting, and budgets based on corporate goals and objectives.
- Leverage new hires and existing team members into a seamless market team in the region for expansion and rapid deployment and growth in the utility services and communications marketplace.
- Estimate resources and participants required to achieve market campaigns and customer acquisition efforts.
- Coordinate between various work disciplines within the market team as well as joint venture and collaboration partners.
- Draft and submit resource, equipment, and personnel proposals.
- Recommend additions and reductions in resources where necessary to include buy, lease, and rent analysis on major equipment.
- Read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, technical procedures, and governmental regulations as well as lead people in the efficient and timely execution of projects.
- Ensure that a rigorous safety and operational excellence process is implemented and used across the region with an ethos of develop, train/test, and implement for the tasks within each team members scope of work.
- Ensure that a culture of ethics and integrity is embedded and followed throughout the team.
- Develop and deliver project plans, progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise team members, both field and professional
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within regional and customer teams.
- Provide credible and thorough strategies and plans that are commensurate with executed on time and on budget completed projects.
Education and/ or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Science, Engineering, or a related major. Journeyman Lineman Certification and/or completion of an approved Lineman Apprenticeship program will suffice in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of experience in a senior leadership role.
- Operational leadership and project management experience in the utility sector.
- Knowledge of industry-related and OSHA regulations.
- Expert related knowledge and experience in transmission, distribution and/or substation construction operations.
- Excellent knowledge of engineer – procure – construct contracting methods.